Providing critical medical and transition services to America’s heroes is a good start on the path to greatness.
Proposed Veterans Plan Goals
Donald Trump rightly declares the deplorable state of the Department of Veterans Affairs. It is totally unacceptable that this agency is responsible for the deaths of over 300,000 veterans while on their watch. What’s even worse is that the incompetence and abuse were not punished. Trump blames Washington politicians for doing little to address this situation. He promises to fix the VA, and fast.
Giving veterans easy access to the best care/services is the guiding principle of the plan. The plan has three basic pillars:
- Guarantee that veterans receive the care they need, and when they need it. Eliminate long drive times, wait times and red tape
- Support the whole person, not only provide health care to treat physical wounds, but address mental illness, ensure success in civilian life, and better serve female veterans.
- Transform the VA fire the incompetent and corrupt executives, modernize the agency and untie the hands of the care givers so they can provide healing and care to our veterans.
The Trump Plan Gives Veterans The Freedom To Choose And Forces The VA To Compete For Their Dollars
Politicians in Washington have tried to fix the VA by holding hearings and blindly throwing money at the problem. None of it has worked. In fact, wait times were 50% higher this summer than they were a year ago. That’s because the VA lacks the right leadership and management. It’s time we stop trusting Washington politicians to fix the problems and empower our veterans to vote with their feet.
Under a Trump Administration, all veterans eligible for VA health care can bring their veteran’s ID card to any doctor or care facility that accepts Medicare to get the care they need immediately…
The Trump Plan Treats The Whole Veteran
We must care for the whole veteran, not just their physical health. We must recognize that today’s veterans have very different needs than those of the Greatest Generation.
The Trump Plan Will:
- Increase funding for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), traumatic brain injury and suicide prevention services to address our veterans’ invisible wounds… With these steps, the Trump plan will help the veteran community put the unnecessary stigma surrounding mental health behind them and instead encourage acceptance and treatment in our greater society.
- Increase funding for job training and placement services (including incentives for companies hiring veterans), educational support and business loans. All Americans agree that we must do everything we can to help put our service men and women on a path to success as they leave active duty by collaborating with the many successful non-profit organizations that are already helping… The Trump plan will strengthen existing programs or replace them with more effective ones to address these needs and to get our veterans working.
- Transform the VA to meet the needs of 21st century service members. Today’s veterans have very different needs than those of the generations that came before them… The Trump plan will expand VA services for female veterans and ensure the VA is providing the right support for this new generation of veterans.
- Better support our women veterans. The fact that many VA hospitals don’t permanently staff OBGYN doctors shows an utter lack of respect for the growing number female veterans. Under the Trump plan, every VA hospital in the country will be fully equipped with OBGYN and other women’s health services…
The Trump Plan Will Make The VA Great Again
The VA health care program is a disaster. Some candidates want to get rid of it, but our veterans need the VA to be there for them and their families. That’s why the Trump plan will:
Fire the corrupt and incompetent VA executives that let our veterans down. Under a Trump Administration, there will be no job security for VA executives that enabled or overlooked corruption and incompetence…
End waste, fraud and abuse at the VA. The Trump plan will ensure the VA is spending its dollars wisely to provide the greatest impact for veterans and hold administrators accountable for irresponsible spending and abuse…
Modernize the VA. A VA with 20th century technology cannot serve 21st century service members and their needs. The VA has been promising to modernize for years without real results. The Trump plan will make it happen by accelerating and expanding investments in state of the art technology to deliver best-in-class care quickly and effectively…
Empower the caregivers to ensure our veterans receive quality care quickly. Caregivers should be able to easily streamline treatment plans across departments and utilize telehealth tools to better serve their patients…
Hire more veterans to care for veterans. The more veterans we have working at the VA, the better the VA will be…
Embed satellite VA clinics in rural and other underserved areas. The Trump Administration will embed satellite VA clinics within hospitals and other care facilities in rural and other underserved areas…
Source DonaldTrump.com Image Source